Full Day Hands On Anterior Composite Course
Dr Nadeem Younis BDS McS DGDP(UK) DPDS
Date & Time
24th November 0930-1630 (Q&A 1630-1700).
Academy of Clinical Excellence, 13-14 Navigation Ct, Durkar, Wakefield WF2 7BJ
early bird rates
(booking before 01/09/18)
FGDP Member: £275
Non FGDP member: £395
Standard Rates(booking after 1/9/18)
FGDP Member: £350; Non FGDP Member: £475
To enable the delegates to restore small and large defects in anterior teeth with direct composite resin restorations in a predictable manner.
The delegates will learn the following:
- Interaction of light with natural teeth and how to recreate it with composites
- Appreciate different layering techniques with different composite systems
- Classification of bonding agents
- Appraise different bonding agents
- Understand anterior tooth anatomy
- Shade matching - using different methods for predictable shade matching
- Creating anatomically correct contact points with different matrices
- Restore class IV cavities with predictability
- Fabricate direct composite veneers
- Effective use of stains and tints to recreate natural looking teeth
- Finishing and polishing protocols for smooth surface and textured surfaces
- Moisture control
Dr Nadeem Younis
BDS McS DGDP(UK) DPDS
Mr Nadeem Younis qualified in 1993 from the University of Sheffield. He has completed courses in orthodontics, restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. His commitment to postgraduate education led to the award of the Diploma in General Dental Practice from the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1996 and the Diploma in Postgraduate Dental Studies from the university of Bristol in 2007.
Mr Younis has a special interest in orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry. He is the current secretary to the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and is the founder and chairperson of The Northwest Dental Academy.
He works in practice and as a Speciality doctor in orthodontics at Burnley General Hospital and has been accepting referrals for orthodontic treatment from fellow dentists for the last 12 years.
His dedication to cosmetic dentistry has led to the attainment of full membership of the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and gold membership of the British Dental Bleaching Society. Previously, a VT trainer to newly qualified dentists, he lectures widely on aesthetic dentistry and has publications on composite techniques and ortho/restorative cases in peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed dental journals.